Head of Toronto Office
Athanasios’s expertise lies in commercial litigation and international business law.
Before relocating to Toronto, he maintained a broad litigation practice assisting public and privately held corporations and financial institutions with their corporate/commercial and administrative disputes, including civil enforcement proceedings and recognition and enforcement of foreign judgments.
Athanasios also has expertise in third-party dispute resolution funding with a focus on domestic and international commercial disputes.
Athanasios has been a Member-at-Large of the Executive Committee of the Ontario Bar Association’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Section since 2018. In 2018 and 2019, he served on the Board of Directors of the Hellenic Canadian Lawyers’ Association.
- Osgoode Hall Law School (Toronto), LL.M. in International Business Law (2018)
- Democritus University of Thrace (Greece) ,L.L.M. in Civil Procedural Law (2015)
- Democritus University of Thrace (Greece), L.L.B. (2012)
- Athens Bar Association (2013)
- Ontario Bar Association
- Hellenic Canadian Lawyers’ Association
- Arbitrator – 3rd ICC-AIAC Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Pre-Moot, Kuala Lumpur (2019)
- Arbitrator – Willem C. Vis (East) International Commercial Arbitration Moot, Hong Kong (2017 & 2018)
- Guest Lecturer (International Commercial Arbitration), Aalborg Universitet, School of Law, International Law Programme (2017)
- Corporate/Commercial Litigation
- International Business Law
- Banking Law
- Administrative Law
- Alternative Dispute Resolution